A business plan is much more than just writing down your ideas and mile-long to-do lists on a piece of paper. It’s a process of testing your assumptions (maybe even giving up some), evaluating options, and discovering new opportunities.
A business plan can also help you mitigate some of the challenges, such as not having a specific user in mind or not establishing workable goals.
Infinity’s Business Plan template provides a proven structure you can use to start your business off the right foot, no matter if you are working with investors and lenders or not.
Use it to:
- Clarify your ideas,
- Document your strategy,
- Understand all the resources you need to get started and plan resources for the future,
- (Optionally) Communicate your vision with partners, investors, and other people who can have a big impact on your business and make them buy in.
Benefits of Using Our Business Planning Template
- Make a solid foundation for your business’ growth,
- Highlight key points and clearly point out where are you heading to,
- Spot the gaps in your business plan and work around them before they turn into issues,
- Eliminate guesstimates,
- Skill up yourself in business planning.
How to Use This Template
- Load our “Business Plan” template from our Templates gallery or directly from your workspace,
- Describe what your mission, vision, and goals are,
- List and describe products you sell and/or services you provide and create a pricing strategy,
- Analyze the market - both your competitors and potential buyers to gain deeper insights on how to improve your offer and make it more appealing to customers,
- Plan, create, implement, and tweak your marketing strategy in a separate folder,
- Plan and keep track of your finances to make sure your business is always profitable.
This Business Plan Template Best Works With:
Why do I need a business plan?
You need a business plan to outline your ideas and plans for growth, describe products and/or services you are going to offer, identify your target audience, analyze the competitive landscape, and, finally, understand your financial needs and show how you plan to make money in the long-term. Without a business plan, there’s a chance you won’t research the idea or the market to the extent you should or maybe you won’t clearly understand the scope of work that needs to be done.
What are the main elements of a business plan?
The main elements of a business plan are a business summary, goals, products and/or services being offered, target market, competitor analysis, marketing strategy, current and projected financial state.
What are the most common business planning mistakes?
Some of the most common business planning mistakes include underestimating how much money you will need in the beginning, expecting sales to skyrocket in the first couple of months, failing to budget for these first couple of months, not being ready for unexpected delays and/or costs. However, not using a business goals template or a business planner template could be the biggest mistake.
What is the best template for a business plan?
Asana, monday.com, and Infinity have built some of the best business plan templates out there. Instead of creating a lengthy, hard-to-follow document, use one of these and make an intuitive and engaging business plan that will still cover all the topics it needs to cover.